Friday, October 06, 2006

On a bed of nails she makes me wait.

As you guys already know, I am a closet chick-lit/flick person (I mean, I enjoyed "Confessions Of A Shopaholic" and "Mean Girls"!). Went to see "The Devil Wears Prada" last night at Hoyts, thanks to Luan for $8.50 tickets, and though I obviously wouldn't call it quality film, it was enjoyable and a great way to start the weekend! ^_^ Anne Hathaway, with the right makeup and designer clothing, was actually quite the clothes horse! And while you'd expect a film like that (think fashion industry, magazine, modelling, clothes, etc) to be FULL of eye candy of both sexes, the men were an utter disappointment -_- My God, where do I even start? Andy's boyfriend, and that beefy guy she hooked up with in Paris?! Both of them were FUGLY (and we couldn't stop turning to one other countless times during the movie to cringe at how gross they looked :p)!! There were a couple of babes nonetheless, but the producers really could have gotten better-looking men for a film like... hello? "The Devil Wears Prada"? Even Matthew McConaughey (whom I absolutely cannot stand) would have looked good in their roles...

X X X

And trust me when I say you DO NOT want to be me right now. Just for the record, here's a general overview of what my life will look like for the next couple of weeks:

1) 10% Writing Test, 9 Oct

2) 8% Grammar & Vocabulary Test, 16 Oct

3) 20% Speaking Test, 18 Oct (so dead for this one)

4) Class presentation, 19 Oct

5) 14% Speaking Test, 23 Oct

6) 40% 2000-word essay, 26 Oct

7) 60% 3000-word essay, 3 Nov

8) 40% 2000-word essay, 3 Nov

9) 40% exam, 8 Nov

10) 40% exam, 13 Nov

...... Sigh. Anyone interested in trading places?

X X X

"I’ve met a man and fallen in love with him. I allowed myself to fall in love for one simple reason: I’m not expecting anything to come of it. I know that, in three months’ time, I’ll be far away and he’ll be just a memory, but I couldn’t stand living without love any longer; I had reached my limit."

Paul Coelho - "Eleven Minutes".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home