La luna.
My September break in colour, before it ends in two days...
Went to visit a classmate's apartment in Docklands - still a part of the Melbourne city area, yet it possesses a character and personality entirely unique to itself. This is the view from her balcony, how much do I love water views?!?
Darren (aka 'thorn among the roses', hehe)'s 20th birthday celebration at Sofia with a couple of other people from Jap class - fried calamari, spaghetti marinara, pizza, risotto and Sofia's signature mega-sized gelati made all of us really happy and really full too :D
Massive marketing spree - evidence of how hard-core the housemate and I were. She said we now have enough garlic to keep the vampires away for a long time, bwahahhahaaha!!!!
My little friend Timmy, who is, I reiterate, four years younger, but always puts things into perspective and knows what he wants out of life so much more than I do.
Movie + nonsense night at Piggy's, where we all decided to be creative and take a pic of ourselves uh... 'sleeping'. But I was the only one who really wanted to look like I was asleep, apparently :p
Emma's 21st birthday lunch + cupcake indulgence - I was never really into cupcakes but I guess now I am, thanks to this nice little cafe called 'Sweet Source' on Rathdowne Street! Yum yum yum (doesn't it look lovely!).
Today is the Australian Football League (AFL) Grand Final and yesterday afternoon they had this massive parade in the city. The tram routes were screwed as usual, blehh... but look at the Melbourne crowd, crazy over Australian footy! o_O
AND... the housemate and I also went to the annual Royal Melbourne Show yesterday, which was TOO much fun!!! We actually spent 7.5 hours there and by the time we left at 8pm we were absolutely pooped... and naturally I couldn't find the energy or the mood to do my thesis work due on Monday (which also means I will die this weekend). Will upload pics of the Melbourne Show in a later entry.
As if all these random social activities (eating, snacking, having fun, etc) that come with this holiday aren't bad enough, I...
1) have NOT found the time to go to the gym at all. I do not wish to know how much weight I have possibly added on this week -_-
2) am addicted to the Murakami book I am currently reading, 'Norwegian Wood'. I read it on the tram, while waiting for people, in the bathroom, while running virus scans on my laptop... can I just say that there cannot be a worser time for me to be hooked onto non-academic literature?!? But that book is too good to give up for other things... like preparing for my thesis supervision, for example.
Good night!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home