Wednesday, February 15, 2006

You give good love.

I spent Valentine's Day this year at the Singapore Zoo (talk about nostalgia!). No present, no card, no huge bouquet of flowers or expensive candlelight dinner at the end of the day (I had a cheap dinner with my mom to avoid the crowds ;p), but I guess you could say that I had a great time :) The scorching hot weather was a big booboo though!

And because it was V-Day once again, I subconsciously thought about and reflected upon every single person who had the slightest bit of 'romantic involvement' with me... regardless of whether we made it there or not. Things that I should and shouldn't have done, they all came back to me in the form of what seemed like memories which I now feel indifferent towards. It was a strange thing to do, and it felt weird...

It is a pity that the occurrence of 14th February every year is now seen as a worldwide money-making opportunity, what with the overpriced flowers, V-Day gifts and candlelight dinner sets, etc. Love, although complicated most of the time, so it seems, still has its simplicities... which is why I think an occasion like V-Day should be 'celebrated' plain and simple, but unique and special at the same time.

Because love in its earliest form was meant to be simple, or at least that's what I think.

I was always searching
For that perfect love
The kind that girls like me dream of.

Whitney Houston - You Give Good Love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home