"You look like the Incredible Hulk's wife!"
You look like the Incredible Hulk's wife! This has got to be the funniest and most memorable line from Simon Cowell this season. I laughed so hard for what seemed like three or four times ;p
X X X
Today is Day 12 of the Chinese New Year.
I can't decide if I actually enjoy Chinese New Year. I mean, okay, apart from the fact that CNY is probably the only time of the year that young unmarried people like myself get significantly richer without having to work for it (and also fatter from all those sinful cookies), I don't particularly like the idea of CNY. Because CNY is that time of the year when you have to meet and greet a hoard of people you hardly know - mostly people whom, without occasions like CNY, you wouldn't have anything to do with. And the most annoying thing is, they say the same bloody things year in and year out.
Questions/remarks at the top of the CNY meet-and-greet list include:
1) Wah! So long never see you, so big already! (so do you mean BIG as in, FAT?)
2) When did you come back? (aiya I am back already so who cares!)
3) When are you going back? (bah)
4) How long more before you graduate? (you will forget my answer in 20 seconds)
5) Are you planning to come back after you graduate? (unless you can get me an Aussie PR?)
6) What careers are you interested in? (.......)
7) What are you studying? (yawn)
8) Australia fun or not? (-_-)
9) What do you do in Australia when you're not at uni? (................)
10) So you have many Aussie friends? (=_=)
Don't get me wrong, I totally understand where these questions and remarks are coming from. I admit that there truly is nothing left to be said without the random 'small talk'. I myself may be guilty of saying the exact same things when I meet others too, but try having to answer the same questions year after year to the same old people (!!!!???!). I mean, next time don't even bother to ask if you can't remember lorrrr.
Anyway here are some random photos from CNY, courtesy of the third uncle.
My two youngest cousins, Janeen and Bert.
So it was Day 2 of CNY and I decided to ACT CUTE - sporting a new look of two erm... pigtails (despite Piggy advising against it a few months ago when I asked for her opinion ;p) I still like this shot though, it has a very 'au naturel' feel to it because it was a candid shot.
Family shot with everyone (minus Moonface & parents). Try spotting the (new) male lead from 'The Matrix 4' (-_-).
X X X
As most of you know, there is a fireworks display at the Esplanade every night till 12 Feb (in conjunction with CNY) and last night I went to see it with the Dad. We stood still for two whole minutes staring in awe at the night sky filled with colour, and so did the rest of the people who were there. There is something very special about fireworks that I cannot describe in words - no matter how many times I've seen fireworks on display, I never fail to put down whatever I'd be doing at that moment when I hear/see fireworks in the sky, just to get the slightest glimpse of them. As odd as this sounds, fireworks make me feel at peace; the explosion of colours in the sky makes me feel that there is so much in life to smile about...
To the dear friend who loves fireworks as much as I do: I'm glad that you now have someone to watch them with you :)
X X X
And can I just say that I am absolutely DYING to watch "Brokeback Mountain", although I never thought much about Jake or Heath (hehe, my best friends ;p). I don't know why, maybe it's the gay cowboy theme that's so intriguing (o_O) or perhaps it's just the Golden Globe/Academy Award hype. Whatever it is, I am praying like hell it doesn't end up like "Mystic River" (possibly the crappiest Academy Award winning film I've ever seen in my entire existence).
Other movies I hope to catch before I go back to Melbourne include:
Match Point (Excite level * * * *)
Munich (Excite level * * * *)
Zoolander (Excite level *)
Rumour Has It (Excite level * * *)
Final Destination 3 (Excite level * *)
PS: Piggy... you interested in the last one? ;)
X X X
Oh, I can't get enough of the new Wang Lihong song...
But now I'm high
Riding wild among the stars above
Sometimes it's hard to believe you remember me.
James Blunt - High.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home