Thursday, October 20, 2005

We might as well be strangers.

I had my final Sem 2 class for Japanese this afternoon, and just before I left the classroom my sensei (whom I am really fond of, more than any other sensei) said to me, among other things:

あなたは絶対に大丈夫です。がんばってね。

As a learner of a foreign language, encouragement like this is priceless. It was also one of those moments when I know I never want to stop learning the language.

田崎先生、ありがとうございました。

X X X

To cut a long story short, I finally found Starbuck again, albeit somewhere else, after almost one whole month of not seeing him at his usual workplace. The Beatles flop was gone, and in its place was a horrid new normal-bloke hairstyle which I hated. The Beatles flop, gone! GONE!! I also noted that he had on a RED (?!) tie. Not that I have anything against red ties, but a red tie put together with a black shirt AND green apron is just... wrong. I mean, how much worse can it get? He changes a working environment, starts looking weird and even sports a cruel pre-Christmas image (black, red and green - you get the idea). I have to say I am very much unimpressed...

Maybe his new girlfriend hated that old hair which I'd adored so ardently.

Still I wish you could have stayed on at the CS branch, because your new workplace is so out of the way I don't think I can be bothered much.

X X X

You leave without a word
No message, no number
And now my head is pounding like rolling thunder.

No Mercy - Where Do You Go?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home