Tuesday, October 11, 2005

A case of you.

I was captivated by a voice on the street today.

I was on my way to catch the tram home when I walked pass a relatively dark and unlit area of the street, and there was a young man in his twenties sitting on a chair, with a microphone on a stand, strumming some random chords on his guitar. I kinda liked what he was playing, so I dropped 50 cents into his guitar case on the ground and went into the bookstore which was about five seconds from where he was.

Moments later, he played and sang John Lennon's "Imagine" and my god, his voice was one of the most beautiful I've heard in awhile - it reminded me a little of Richard Marx's husky tone, and it was definitely comparable, maybe even better than some of the Australian Idol people o_O And I may not be an expert at guitar playing but you just know the music was good stuff. "Imagine" ended after a couple of minutes and I was about to leave, when he started to play the intro for "Tears In Heaven" and I knew I had to stay.

This time I stood only about three metres away and listened, to every single word he sang, and I thought they were so full of emotional depth and feel. A number of people spared him some loose change, most of them just walked by without looking... and I just stood still and listened. When he finished the song I went up to him to say thank you for playing two of my all-time favourites so beautifully, and asked if he sings there everyday.

To which he replied with a smile, "Only when it rains..."

<3 !!!!!!!

... I was so intrigued by his answer. It was quick and simple and very unexpected, but those words touched me in a very strange way... I could so imagine myself falling in love with a man who speaks like that :>

In this world where everyone places such great emphasis on speed and efficiency today, I guess it wouldn't hurt to occasionally pause and stand still, and listen to the beautiful sounds that very often go unheard.

X X X

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one.

John Lennon - Imagine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home