Take my hand.
Reading Gerrybin's blog about the NUS lecture 'proposal' reminded me that I have yet to post my thoughts about it! Okay I know I am 6000 km away from Singapore but, thanks to all my faithful gossip sources, I still am able to keep up with the local juice. I actually first heard about it from Z (who unfortunately had to be secondary schoolmates with the guy - so I guess TCHS guys aren't all that smart, huh) but only got to view the clip a few days after.
In a nutshell, the entire episode was gross. I'm sorry mate, if you think that method of telling someone you are interested in her is going to work (because it's innovative and romantic), then you are dead wrong. I mean, the powerpoint slide (see image below) wasn't even half decent. That retarded-looking figure (which I suspect was a desperate attempt to draw an image of himself) with the words "take my hand" was baaaaah. I think my 4-year-old Bernice can draw better. Or perhaps my grandma (I decided that I will give him more credit).
Yes the image isn't very clear but I just wanted to prove my point on what a disgustingly horrible powerpoint slide it was that he used to attempt to win a girl's heart.
I wanted to go on and on, but I shall give the guy a break. After all, he has already suffered enough humiliation from doing such a 'bold and courageous' act (from the poor embarrassed girl, that is).
So anyway, why not try national TV the next time? :P After all, TCHS taught you the value of "zi qiang bu xi"... :P

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home