I saw the sign.
Singlehood is a very strange thing. You like the fact that you don't have to be accountable to anyone for your actions, that you can be free to go on dates with people who catch your eye, that you are enjoying the luxury of not being in a situation whereby the both of you don't see things from a similar perpective (and thereby resulting in endless quarrelling). You love the freedom. You love it when you're single and you've got all that extra time to spend strengthening your friendships. You are carefree, and you know there's alot more in store for you being a single young lady, rather than having someone beside you.
After I left uni yesterday evening I went to QV, alone, to get my groceries - because I had a fried rice craving and wanted to cook (!!!!). So I did, and had dinner in front of the TV, on which "American Pie" was showing [lala, R(A) in Singapore ;p]. In the end it turned out that I cooked waaaay too much for myself, so I kept the leftovers in the fridge for dinner the next evening.
But I guess no matter how much you are bathing in the glory of being single (and available and carefree), it's at nights like these when you (actually, I) wished that maybe... just maybe, it would be nice to have someone to spend Friday nights with, or at least share some extra fried rice.
'Cos I can't make you love me
If you don't
You can't make your heart feel
Something it won't.
Bonnie Raitt - I Can't Make You Love Me.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home