The final weekend.
It's back to uni on Monday, and here's an evaluation of my study break (well, I think I could call it a vacation - it's just me though):
Supposed to have completed:
1) 2500-word history essay by the 28 September, and has now been extended to .... nevermind.
2) Japanese composition task preparation - test worth 10% on 7 October
3) 2000-word geography essay by 8 October (this is when a 4-day medical certificate has dual functions)
.... of which I have not completed any.
This is procrastination at its highest level - knowing that an assignment is due soon (by the word "soon" I mean it like the feeling of shit dying to emerge from your butt) but yet not feeling the least bit worried about not being able to hand it in on time. I really wanted to start early, I really really did, and had high hopes of finishing early so I could have time to edit ... given the repeated extensions I have just for this assignment. But every night there will definitely be something to distract me from work. Last-minute lunches and dinners which I just cannot resist (they stretch till very late I tell you), TV, MSN, email, phone calls. File transfers, early-morning chats with Piggy, etc etc etc ... and then before I know it, hey it's 7 am and time for bed. Wake up the next day at 2 pm feeling shitty that it's so late already, then continue with the vicious cycle. Slack. Eat. Go out. Watch TV. Slack. Play. Go online. When is this going to end?
This has been the most difficult semester ever. I can't settle down to do my work or study. I just can't. And more than anything else I can't wait for the semester to be over and done with.
Why Lynn why? Why is this happening now?
To make things worse, exam timetable was released today. I have my papers on the 18th and 25th of November. And with less than 2 days to rest and pack, I am flying home on the 27th, just for Jay Chou in concert. BLAH!!!!!!! -_-
Nat says I should just defer.
X X X
Fate is a power that some people believe controls and decides everything that happens, in a way that cannot be prevented or changed.
In Fate I strongly believe.
Whenever I pass by QV, be it on foot or from the tram, I cannot help but be in awe of what Fate has done for me.
I am very, very grateful.
X X X
Hold me
Whatever lies beyond this morning is a little later on
Regardless of warnings
The future doesn't scare me at all.
Utada Hikaru - Simple and Clean.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home