You're of the "I hate school"
breed!
You just hate going to school
and can't stand waking up every day just for
school. But no choice, you just force your way
through school and when the time comes, you
leave the country for other, better education
systems. Bah, at least you have the resources
to do so, you rich/smart bugger!!
Which Stereotypical Singaporean Student Are You?
brought to you by Quizilla
Wahahahaha. Surprise surprise! How true quizilla is, for once :p
Elva - You make me wanna.
Went for Elva's gig at Suntec Convention Hall just now with mm. Boy, both of us melted the moment she appeared onstage... partly because it took us forever to get there, I tell you... and we were kinda dying to see her by 8.45pm. We were caught in a jam from Orchard till Suntec, firstly. Then there came a point in time when a car rammed into the bus we were on, and the driver had to get off and "settle" stuff. You know, the usual procedures. We reached Suntec half dead at about half past 8. To our relief, concert hasnt started yet. People were still lingering at the entrances. Lights in the hall were still on. *pHeW*
Long, permed curls. Flawless complexion. Powerful vocals. Fluorescent yellow outfit. Nimble footwork & dance steps. That's Elva Hsiao for you. I admit I ain't a hard-core fan of hers (there were many songs she sang which I haven't heard before), but seriously, one of the main reasons I parted with 76 bucks for her gig was to see her dance. And to me & mm & I believe all her fans worldwide, she is one of the prettiest things to look at in the entertainment industry today (I'm ignoring the remarks about her looking like a transvestite. Oh and has anyone seen her Cappuccino music video??!!! Sheesh. I feel like a 15 year old drooling over her crush everytime I watch that!) :p
Elva put up a terrific concert, of course. She had a few costume changes, her music ranging from pop to Rhythm & Blues to Hip Hop... a very good choice of songs I would say. Watching her dance was simply one of the best luxuries in life *grins* I wouldn't mind if the gig went on without the singing :p Oh mannnn.... there the 15 year-old in me goes again...... *swoon*
On the flip side of things, the Singaporean audience is, after so many years, still rather dead. They (uh well, me included... *sheepish*) took about 20 seconds to start getting their butts off the seats to dance with her, when she urged all of us to. By the way, what dance? When she held out the mic to the audience asking us to sing with her, I couldn't hear anything. On the other hand, the Taiwanese and HK fans would have been screaming the song at the top of their lungs already. Sigh. I hope that didn't disappoint her too much.
Bed beckons. Continue when I wake up. Elva rocks.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home