Thursday, July 17, 2003

asshole
your asshole.


What swear word are you?
brought to you by Quizilla

Heh. Same as Gerry's =)

Yesterday was the day I heard the lousiest version of "wu ding" sung by a human being. Ever.

It was time to celebrate HJ's long belated 20th birthday, and he had a craving to go sing. Fine with me - I was itching to sing anyway, especially after paying my first visit to The Ark last night :p He asked 2 NY pals along, and also a bunkmate (Name's Wilfred - and no, his surname isn't Owen. Omg it's sooooo lame!!!!! Haha!). So the 5 of us were at this place called Sunlight, somewhere near Centrepoint (weird name for a Karaoke lounge you telling me?) blah. Initially was quite excited to meet HJ's bunkmate cos according to him, his bunkmate likes to sing Andy Lau songs *swooooon*. Andy Lau?!? He's like the most handsome man on earth!!!!! (well, if you minus the ang mohs... he probably is) Haha I don't see the connection between his liking for Andy Lau songs and Andy Lau being the most handsome (Chinese) man on earth. But never mind. I was excited. I really was.

WAS excited - I emphasize.

Ok, so his Andy Lau numbers weren't that impressive after all. Tsk. Then he killed me with "wu ding". It was like.... #$%#&$$%^&#@.... I don't wish to describe it. Like, c'mon man, if you aren't familiar with the song, don't request for it. And don't sing it. Aarrgghh! People who go to KTVs and dunno how to do basic things like pitching really kill me. On a lighter note, I've changed my impression of HJ's NY pals. They seemed to have upgraded from "ah lian" status after more than a year. Wahahhaa.

Torture (karaoke) camp over at about 4pm. Went down to Taka after that for Mos... just to chill out. Was craving for Tsukune burger (again - I never change do I?) but decided against it cos we had dinner appointment later with Yang Wei and Shuhui and I didn't wanna spoil my dinner. Shared a bag of large fries with HJ instead. Shortly after, HJ had to leave to meet someone *aHeMzzZ* and dumped me aside to rot at, of all places, the Taka post office... for an hour. (Don't worry brother, I still love you!!!) Weird gal, you must be thinking. Well, I thought I could use some time to write my postcards... promised Fai and P that I'd send some scenery over :p Also sent out the bunnies and card that I bought for Huey - to wish (them) Happy Anniversary. Can you beat that?? It's been four years and they're still going strong.

Reached Wheelock at about 6.30pm after spending half an hour at Kinokuniya. The selections of books rock!!!! I was so tempted to purchase the entire Ji Mi collection. For those who don't read Chinese fiction, Ji Mi is this super author/artist from Taiwan who wrote the "Turn Left Turn Right" picture book.

Anyway, not a single soul in sight at Wheelock. Decided that I'd go upstairs to make a reservation at Big O first. Anyone tried Big O yet? I think it's pretty alright but I don't feel very much spoilt for choice. I still prefer NYDC. Their mudpies are the best. After the reservation, I went back to Borders to browse. Checked out the book that Z is eyeing - Blackwood Farm by Anne Rice. Not on the shelves. Not even listed as "available" on the computers. bLah. Tried to kill time by checking out Harry Potter (Order of the Phoenix) instead. As in comparing prices - is the 20% off at Borders gonna end up being the same price as the 20% off at Kino? I haven't decided which version I wanna get - Black or Yellow?

Shuhui arrived first. Talked for awhile. Haven't seen him since 2000 - the day we got our Os. It's been like, 3 years??? Said I look "youthful", though I wasn't sure what that was supposed to mean. Shuhui is forever talking in 2 meanings. Btw he got into NUS Medicine. Wow wow. Things in the Lu family are finally undergoing major changes. Wahahhahaa. So mean. But it's true you know. The entire Lu family is in the teaching line. It's high time for a different profession to emerge.

Had quite an OK dinner at Big O. The beef burger was pretty filling. Ugh. But we endured another mudpie called Frankenstein Part II (4 of us shared, of course). Quite a cool name huh? Anyway it was really nice having meet-ups with old friends from DHS. Brings back alot of nice memories. I died when we recalled Shuhui's 1996 birthday celebration at TM. It was sooooo funny!! :p

Eventually HJ said he had to leave cos he had to book in at about 11. Offered taking me home in a cab since he lives only like 3 km away from me. Yay!!! But just as we were deciding where to get the cab from, it started raining. And I mean... POURING!!! Cats and dogs! Lions and tigers!! At that moment everyone suddenly decided to take cabs or something, so we were unlucky in getting a street job. Tried calling a cab but both Comfort and CityCab lines were engaged!!! Arrghh! HJ got abit anxious cos it was already 9.50pm and still no cab how to book in?!? Almost gave up calling cabs but ultimately called Z for help - to use home phone to call for cab on our behalf cos we were really sick and tired of redialling over and over again. After what seemed like hours, Z got thru and then our cab came. Stopped at HJ's place, then mine. Fare was $10.90 brother. You gave me 10 and I paid like 90 cents... I feel so bad. Charlie's Angels this Sat is on me ya? =)

What to say what to say what to say?

Arranged to meet KQ (my long time Primary school crush) this Sun, after about nine years of knowing each other but never getting down to talking face to face... It's a really weird friendship in a way, but I love the way things are. Can't help feeling a tad bit nervous. What do you expect me to say to a person whose only communication with me over the past 6 years was only through hand written letters and recently, (thanks to technology) SMS? (Yes - some guys do write letters, much to my amazement). It all started out with yesterday being KQ's 20th birthday... and because HJ had to heartlessly leave me aside for 2 hours to meet *aHeMmZzZ*, I was totally bored and thought of asking KQ out for that 2 hours to.... I dunno... celebrate his birthday? After all he had a Birthday Off, like all NS guys do. So after I sent that "invitation msg", he replied asking if I could make it at 8 or so (I reckoned that it was easier for him to go back to camp? But it was quite Out of Point anyway cos I asked him to meet at 4??? Never mind.) but I couldn't, cos having dinner with 2B and company remember? So eventually he suggested Sunday and I said Okay.... There.

Hmm. I guess the soft spot is here to stay for good.

We don't talk much anymore
We keep running from the pain
But what I wouldn't give
To see your face again?

Savage Garden - I don't know you anymore


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home