Tuesday, July 15, 2003

Crow
What Is Your Animal Personality?

brought to you by Quizilla

A crow, of all animals? Hope it doesn't spell too much bad luck :p

Oh. Anyway, back to Miss Elva. Actually, all the reports on her concert have already been published in the papers over the weekend - guess there isn't much for me to say now... In short, I enjoyed her showmanship pretty much - a very confident and very "I know what I am doing" kinda girl =) Did some remix of Nelly & Kelly's "Dilemma" and Madonna's "Music", which sounded quite okay. Before Piggy winces at the thought of a Taiwanese singer doing Madonna, I'd first like to announce that Elva studied in Canada for a good couple of years so her command of English is pretty good :p Special guests Stanley from the now-defunct pop group "LA BOYZ" (bLah... so I should set up "Singapore Gurls"??) and Jiang Meiqi, who had super good crystal clear vocals, as opposed to Elva's mellow Alto =) Very refreshing indeed.

One thing about the concert though, was that it was distracting at times. Hee. The organisers put up 2 very large screens on both sides of the stage, firstly for the benefit of those seated way behind, as well as to screen the 'live' sms that came from the audience. Those who wanted their msgs shown onscreen were to type their msg and send it to *blah blah number* and it would appear shortly after... like 10 mins later. And I believe that many of us were pretty much distracted by the words that were slowly running across the screen, while Elva sang and danced.... There were some really dumb msgs though.... (imagine doing marriage proposals at Elva's concert??!!)

It feels good to know that I'm being missed back in Mellyland. Hee. Well, at least by P and Fai, hopefully. P's been offering to give me wake up calls lately, and that's really sweet of her. Spending money on a calling card just for me. Thanks so much girl, appreciate that very much =) Tell me more about your Podium session!!

K. Lo told me he failed his exam *shrug* I didn't dare ask how many subjects he did not (or did? :p) manage to clear... he seems pretty alright though. Perhaps two times of sitting for the A-Levels has made him a better man. Well, better at accepting such setbacks, I mean. Ooooo!!!!! :p On the other side of the scale, his younger sis is in NUS Law and made it to the Dean's List for her final years. Talk about extreme opposites :p (I am desperately trying to recall if any of K. Lo's buddies might be reading this now. If they go tell him what's been on my blog, I'm dead. But wait a minute.... what buddies? *evil laugh*)

Meeting the Slackers later this evening for a night out. Haven't seen them in ages. Can't wait.

And I can't believe I caught Dumb & Dumberer with Ron. The angels were sold out so we had to settle for our.... uh... next best alternative. Which sucked. bLah. Don't watch that movie guys. NO NO NO. It was totally strange how it had Air Supply's "Making Love out of nothing at all" in its OST?!?!

When you're a fool in love
You'd be a fool till the day you die.

Randy Newman - A Fool in Love


"A Fool in Love" is from "Meet The Parents". This, on the other hand, is one of the best comedies I've seen. Ben Stiller was just pathetically hilarious.








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home