
My Inner Age
brought to you by Quizilla
Sigh. And I thought I only look 12.
Spent much of the day (yesterday) at Dad's. First time I'm seeing him since I came back on 28th June. Felt quite bad cos he was half lamenting about me not contacting him earlier. Was quite sad that I couldn't stay for dinner, cos Uncle JM had a little birthday dinner at Triple 3, and I will so die a horrible death if I skipped that. Sheesh. Second time in a week that I've visited that place (Triple 3), and the buffet food was still the same (I last went there on Sunday - bLaH). Argh. And I thought I could taste something different this time round.
Btw, I can't believe I'm going back to Mellyland so soon - like, in 7 days. Sniff. Time is never enough for me when I'm back home. Sorry to all who haven't been able to meet me much - previous weeks have been hectic and my last week's gonna be pretty packed with last minute shopping and all that so I can't meet for meals and catchups. Popular Bookstore is a must visit - Australian stationery kills me.
Anyway yesterday afternoon Uncle JM took me to Sim Lim and together we got the Canon Ixus V-III digicam. Wah it was sooooo ex I nearly died. 625 including that extra disk of memory which totalled up to 128 mb... which means I can take about a hundred pics! Hmm but seriously I was wondering if I needed to take a hundred pics at one go? I have yet to take it out and experiment... will bring it out when I meet HJ for Charlie's Angels tomorrow. Even he is excited for me. Haha. The Angels have been out since forever but I haven't caught them yet. I am waiting to see how hot Demi is gonna look.
Had vegetarian beehoon for lunch with Uncle JM before heading to Sim Lim. Reminded me soooooo much of H - how we used to lurrrrve it and crave for it in the mornings... all the time. Familiar vegetarian taste... made me kinda sad that its no more H and alot less vegetarian beehoon for me in future. Anyway, while having lunch, this 30-something year old woman carrying a child and a cigarette (o.O?) came up to us and asked if we had a car. (???) Uncle JM asked "why?" and she said she needed a lift to Hougang (note that we were somewhere near Sim Lim) because her kid did not have the keys to enter the house - so she had to rush back to open the door for her kid (she didn't say He or She). We were getting abit "huh???" at her request so Uncle JM said "mei you kong la" (as in "not free to give you a lift"). Then she asked if we could give her a 10 for her to take a cab (??!!). When I gave her hesitant looks she kinda got the pic and said "bu yao jin... bu yao jin hor..." and started walking away from us. She added "bu yao sheng qi hor!!" (as in "don't be angry ok?") haha. Hilarious woman. Child in one hand, cigarette in another. Ten bucks? Yeah right - Quit smoking first.
Back to dinner at Triple 3. Food was quite alright... could have been better if it wasn't repeated. Okay, blame me for going there twice in a week? The dessert was pretty good though... but I made a fool of myself when I mistook a rambutan for a lychee. Guess this is what happens when I don't see or eat them for a long time. Seriously, it's been really really long since I last ate a rambutan or peeled a lychee to see what the inside looks like.
Live band of a trio kept us entertained - 2 guitars and a double bass. They came to our table to ask for song request. I thought for awhile and decided that "Blue Bayou" would be a very good song to make use of these 3 instruments. Not knowing that they were that good, I asked one of them politely, "Is Blue Bayou okay?" He replied with a nodding smile. After the "1, 2, 3, 4" the double bass started plucking the bass notes for the intro and boy, was I blown away! It rocked totally! I felt like I was strolling by the beach with the wind can?! Geeez... they were sooooo good they could play anything you requested for. The next table requested Speedy Gonzales and they had to do the "La... la la la la la la la la...." thing in high pitch.... funny. Next next table requested "Sorry seems to be the hardest word". (Love the Blue & Elton version!!! Piggy!! :p)
It's fab, so fab... it's a fab fab situation....
Oh man. That is how lame of me. Okay, back to seriousness....
What do I do when lightning strikes me
And I wake to find that you're not there?
Blue featuring Elton John - Sorry seems to be the hardest word
PS: Today is my ex-roommate Charlene's birthday. I do think of the old times now and then. But then again I believe she is indeed better off without me.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home