Semi-charmed life.
12 weeks of the semester have come and gone, and as usual I felt that little tinge of sadness as my last day of school slowly came to an end, just like every other semester I've been through... and I thought I'll be used to this by now.
I know there are a few more semesters for me to look forward to at uni, but it's just a little hard to accept that time has flown by so fast, and the people you've become somewhat 'friendly' with throughout these 12 weeks - classmates whom I sat next to at tutorials every week, at lectures, doing group assignments together till 8 in the evening, and even my lecturers/tutors... they are all going to fade away from now.
It's been one hell of a hectic semester with 16 hours of school (so far the most I've had since starting uni) and neverending assessments and tests, but this has also been the one semester where I've learnt so many new things - besides acquiring another level of knowledge, I've also learnt how to survive in a tutorial class with myself being the only non-Australian student, learnt how to work well with people I absolutely have no idea about, learnt how to survive in a stress situation whereby one of my members contributed nothing to a 3-person project, learnt how working with Australian boys on group projects can be such a wonderful experience, contrary to my initial beliefs/reservations that boys are slack and lazy (hurhur).
Thank you D and E, it's been great working together :)
As much as I'm always bitching to others about how much school sucks and I can't wait to get out of this crap and start the holidays, I know I'll be missing my school life a hell lot when it finally ends.
X X X
Also, at the final lecture of China in Transition yesterday afternoon, my lecturer (who is from China and a very adorable person may I add) actually pronounced the word "kidney" as "kinnie" (which killed me, as you all can imagine). It wouldn't be so bad if it was just a one-time pronounciation, but he repeated the word like 200 times or something, and by the 3rd time he said it, I almost wanted to gag myself to keep from cracking up in a lecture full of people. Naturally, the Westerners had no idea what he was saying (I mean like, what the hell is a KINNIE?), so both my Mexican and British classmates sitting on my left and right turned to me at the same time with a puzzled look - because I was giggling so hard and they knew I could read the word 肾 from the pictures on the powerpoint.
"He meant KIDNEY", was all I managed to say in between my giggles.
God, that was such a funny last lecture. Imagine hearing a Chinaman say "KINNIE" X 200 ;p
X X X
Three major obstacles to clear before I can finally take my 16-day break before my Japanese exam, but right now I'm still not doing anything O_o
American Idol Finale from 9-11 pm later! Can't wait :)
I want something else
To get me through this
Semi-charmed kind of life
I want something else
I'm not listening when you say
Goodbye.
Third Eye Blind - Semi-charmed Life.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home