In good company.
Two nights ago I had a really weird dream, and the dream somehow took me to what things could be like between you and me, an unknown time from now. I found it really odd that I'd actually dreamed that, because I have seriously NOT been thinking or brooding about the whole issue anymore, not since the time you said goodbye (no, in fact I did).
Upon revisiting the matter two months after, I guess ending it was the only thing that could have been done, given the circumstances we were facing then. Your parting words still leave me feeling somewhat insulted, but a part of me is honestly glad that it's finally over. Knowing that there will be nothing more for me to expect is, strangely enough, an ease on the mind and heart.
The life stories we've shared for seven months. Moving them all to the trashcan might be a wise (and the best) solution, but I've decided to keep them, not for any other reason, but just as a reminder of how they've shaped my days of transition into adulthood.
Thank you for helping to bring out a side of myself that I never knew I had, and for sharing so many of your life experiences with me. Thank you too, for any slightest feelings you might have felt ... that weren't so definitely platonic.
With that being said, if Fate ever brings you to a spot in a checkout queue behind me again, please do not hesitate to tap me on the shoulder and say hi...
X X X
Of course, this sort of thing couldn't go on forever. (If it could, we'd have to turn the entire workings of the universe upside down.) The possibility did exist, but only under specific circumstances, for a specific period. Just like with "peeling mandarin oranges."
Murakami Haruki - "Barn Burning".
It's so funny how the right words come to you just when you needed them.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home