Sunday, April 17, 2005

Too tuff to puff.

Yesterday I tried bugging Shin-chan to let me try one of his cigarettes after months of seeing him smoke one after the other as though they made up his life-support system. Without batting an eyelid he opened his pack of Marlboro Lights and handed me a fresh new ciggie. But I told him I'd rather not waste a fresh one to try (because I knew I wasn't going to last the full dose) so he let me have the one he was smoking instead. He doesn't speak English very well so he did a physical demo of sucking on the cig, letting the smoke enter your lungs (?!) then breathing it out either from the nose or mouth... which was really funny coming to think about it now :)

So after a minute of rehearsing the procedures, I took the very first puff.

Cough.

Refusing to believe that I'd done it the wrong way, I took the second one.

Cough.

Shin-chan tries explaining the procedures again. Third attempt.

Cough cough cough and then I felt tears welling up in my eyes.

Fourth attempt. Shin-chan once again does physical demo with an "I'm so high" expression on his face. Bwahahahaha.

More coughing, and then I felt my whole head spinning.

After the fifth puff I decided that I wasn't cut out for smoking at all - not even for trial. I seriously wondered what was it about smoking that makes one so hooked? How can that even be possible, when it all starts out icky and gross on the first few tries?

So i guess that's the end of the smoking career, and one item off mom's list of worries - alongside pre-marital sex and pregnancy, drugs, alcohol, clubbing, and mixing with 'bad' company O_o

X X X

The next two weeks will be hell for me, with regards to schoolwork. Wish me luck.

Here is where you'll always find me
Always walking up and down
But I left my soul behind me
In an old cathedral town.

Diana Krall - Boulevard of Broken Dreams.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home