Sunday, November 28, 2004

Home is where the heart is.

The very first thought I had when I stepped out into Singapore air at the airport was: "Arrghh it's so bloody hot and humid!!"

Okay guys, so I am back in sunny Singapore now... for the next three months, till end of February 2005. Primary school pals were awfully sweet, had 3 of them come all the way from home at freaking 5 in the morning to pick me up in a car :> I'm one of the very lucky ones who still keep in touch with childhood friends from Primary school!

So anyway the main purpose of coming back this early was for the one Zhou Jielun (affectionately known as Zhou Dong aka my best friend according to Calcium ;p) concert... which I still refuse to blog about now because I need the right mood and timing ;p Now you know how much he means to me because there is simply no way that anyone can make me push forward my flight back home. Well, except for him, that is ^_^ Will blog about concert tomorrow. Or something.

X X X

It's been awhile since I last wrote and so many things have happened since then!! Final exam on Thursday the 25th, after which followed a mad rush of meet-ups and packing and cleaning and sending Fai off to the airport and shopping and the list goes on. One thing I do have to blog about right now, is the fact that I ran into Tay Ping Hui (yes, him) on the streets of Melbourne just half an hour after my exam.

*scream* (apologies to those who have already heard my story but I have to blog about it now ;p)

Was walking along the Lonsdale-Swanston intersection at about 4.45pm when this horse carriage thingy passed by me. I happened to look up to see who was inside and I almost died when I noticed it was a familiar face - and a face which I liked - OMG is that Tay Ping Hui?!? He was looking out the window at the same time, and spotted me in my very unglam expression - eyes wide open with gaping mouth (I am not kidding), and waved at me (because he knew that I recognised him). I was taken aback by his sudden response and all I could do was just wave back with a faint smile. Then it hit me. It is Tay Ping Hui, right here in Melbourne. Sitting beside him in the carriage was Joanne Peh (aka Bai Wei Xiu). And then I thought to myself: Here to film, or for holiday?

First thought that stuck me - I have to call Porridge and tell her all about it! But I could not, for the life of me, remember what her number was at that time (sorry girl, I just don't know why your number is so difficult for me!!). So I called Yuki and literally screamed into her face that Ping Hui (my 2nd best friend ;p) is in Melbourne. After a few minutes of gushing and squealing about how hot he looked, we ended the conversation and I mulled about whether I should run after the carriage to see if I could get a 2nd chance (ie: to talk to him or something).

And then - I saw the exact same carriage pull over in the distance, and recognised the red shirt he was wearing. Ran like a crazy 15-year-old 5566 fanatic to where it was parked, attempted to hide behind one of the streetlights because I didn't want him to see me (okay so that was another very unglam thing to do), until Joanne got out of the carriage and Ping Hui was left inside alone. Go Lynn you idiot, now's your chance to say hello!

I was almost shuffling as I went up to him because I was so nervous and I had no idea what to say. Finally he saw me approaching him, and I just mumbled a vague "Hello" with a silly wave of my right hand. Was about to drop dead by then because he was looking ohsogood with a bronze tan, megawatt smile and electrifying eyes. He asked if I was Singaporean and I said yes. I asked what he was doing in Melbourne and he told me that he was filming a tour program (just did an online search and realised to my disappointment that it will only be telecast in March 2005 ARRGGHHH!!!). The best part of the entire conversation was when he stretched out his hand and, with that gorgeous smile, looked me in the eye and went... (get ready for this)

"Hello, (wo shi) Binhui..."

*dies* (???!!!!?!??!!!!)

At that split second I truly forgot what my name was... and all I could mumble back was "Hello, hello..." with a sheepish smile.

Everyone who's heard my magical encounter asked if I requested for an autograph or a few pics. But no, at that moment these did not cross my mind at all. I mean, right there and then it was just so hard to suddenly whip out my camera and go "Cheese, Pinghui!" Especially when I was standing there all by myself. I don't know, I guess at age 21 you tend to get over the fact that celebrities like him are just human after all and there is no need for the big fuss about autographs and pics.

Or maybe I am just finding an excuse for the lack of courage to open my mouth -_-

Nevermind. That beautiful experience will remain in my memory for a long time to come. Thank you Ping Hui for making my last day in Melbourne so memorable :>



Picture him in a red shirt with bronze tan minus goatee, and that's what he looked like when I met him. Very, very yummy.

Just like an answered prayer
You make the loneliness easy to bear.

Indecent Obsession - Fixing a Broken Heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home