Cravings.
It is 0446 hrs in the morning and I am craving desperately for Vietnamese fried pork spring rolls. The ones which you eat with lettuce and this sweet chilli sauce thing. Nope, having a very kind Vietnamese neighbour does not help - not at this hour at least. I think the craving's got to do with the fact that I am (still!) working on my Modern Southeast Asia essay which involves the colonial rule of Vietnam. I don't get how writing about Vietnam will cause me to have a spring roll craving, but nevermind. This is my final essay for the semester and I am quite glad, save for the fact that I am left with less than three days to study for Japanese 1B on Thursday.
Now can we all say it again: IF ONLY I HAD STARTED WRITING THIS ESSAY EARLIER.
I am currently sitting at 813 words and my 1500-word paper is due at 5pm later. Not to mention 2/100 already taken off for late submission ;p Do I feel screwed or not? Hmm. But this is actually quite an amazing feat already, considering I only had about 300 words when I woke up this afternoon. WTH have I been doing this entire weekend? ..... Nonetheless, thank you Perrin and Gerry for your (indirect) help with the paper. Made writing so much easier than I'd expected.
After handing in the essay later I shall reward myself with some delicious Vietnamese spring rolls.
Salivate.
X X X
On another craving altogether - I want to watch Bridget Jones' Diary II.
Up where the mountains meet the heavens above
Out where the lightning splits the sea
I could swear that there�s someone, somewhere
Watching me.
Bonnie Tyler - I Need A Hero.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home