Sympathique.
Yesterday was basically one of those happy days when you feel like life's got so much in store for you to smile about.
Lazed the afternoon away with Sponk at the State Library (did basically NOTHING although we were supposed to be 'studying'), then met HJ and his significant other for yummy Hard Rock Cafe dinner - where we again stuffed ourselves silly with potato skins and steaks and a sandwich and a Medley Mountain (or was it Mountain Medley? O.o) for dessert.
Received a wave file guitar recording from someone over MSN and it totally made my day. Thank you KQ - OMG I didn't know you were this good :>
X X X
I think we are fortunate people. Just how much does it suck not being able to see or hear or talk? Or walk?
I live 3 minutes away from a deaf school and yesterday on the tram I saw 2 students from the school 'talking' to each other in sign language ... I told myself that I'm very fortunate to be born normal. To be able to see things beautiful, listen to all this music I'm going crazy for and the voices of people I care about, as well as share my ideas and thoughts with others around me (Okay, it's cliche but I just wanted to re-emphasize this fact to myself because I can't stop bitching about school and assignments while people just 3 minutes away are struggling to learn how to communicate effectively).
Never in my whole life have I seen a dog with only 3 legs before, but last night the three of us saw one after dinner. It seemed like his (I like to personify animals ;p) right hind leg had been amputated due to disease or injury. Awww. It was such a heartwrenching sight seeing him limp after his owner ... but nonetheless I thought he was a really brave dog who overcame his disability - because he could move around and do normal doggy stuff with just 3 legs. Well done doggy, you don't know how much respect you have commanded from me (getting a tad bit emotional here, as you can tell).
X X X
Left with only three (!!!!) major obstacles to clear before I hit the road to freedom for the next three months.
1) Modern Southeast Asia reflective 1500 words - due 12 Nov 5pm
2) Japanese 1B final exam - 18 Nov 2pm
3) The Mobile World final exam - 25 Nov 2pm
With that being said, I haven't done anything constructive since the semester ended last Friday ... -_-
X X X
About this time Town used to swing so gay
When glow-lamps budded in the light blue trees
And girls glanced lovelier as the air grew dim -
In the old times, before he threw away his knees.
Now he will never feel again how slim
Girls' waists are, or how warm their subtle hands.
All of them touch him like some queer disease.
Wilfred Owen - Disabled.
Hmm. Fond memories of Sec 1 English lit classes.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home