Your body is a wonderland.
Since the 25th of June this year (the date of my flight back to SG), I have come to realise that I have a tendency to experience strange encounters on planes more than anyone I know (refer to blog entry dated 6 August 2005). Okay, so this is an incident that has now gone stale, but still worth blogging about nonetheless!
That morning on the plane I arrived at my seat along the aisle, sleepy and grouchy after spending a sleepless night cleaning the house, packing my bags and watching the World Cup on TV. I opened my hand luggage to grab a couple of things and the Indian guy (who shall be nicknamed Dr. Bombay) sitting beside me was blatantly peering into my bag as well.
WTF.
I glared at him and very rudely said, "What?" (I know, I know, but I was really tired and grouchy).
Taken aback by my reaction, he muttered "Nothing" and went back to doing his stuff.
*** SILENCE ***
Excerpt 1 -
Dr. Bombay (after a few minutes): Excuse me, I have a feeling that you are angry with me about something, but I really didn't mean to look into your bag...
Me (with very fake smile): No no no no it's fine, I wasn't angry at all, don't worry about it! You see, I didn't sleep at all last night and I'm really tired now, so that's why I seem so pissed... sorry about that.
Excerpt 2 -
(after some basic self-introductions)
DB: So... are you Asian?
Me: (????!!!! No, I am actually half-Spanish, half-German) Err ... yeah? Do I not look Asian to you?! o_O
DB: Oh, no no no... because I have never seen an Asian girl as cute as you.
Me: ..... Ah. *nervous laughter* (with droopy eyes and unkempt morning hair? you've GOT to be kidding me) -_-'''
DB: You know, I'm usually into white girls, but you are an exception.
Me: (Yay me?) ..... *nervous laughter*
DB: I usually get bored on the plane but I feel lucky now that I'm sitting beside you.
Me: (Oooooookaaay.....) *nervous laughter*
(Dr. Bombay then goes dishing out compliment after compliment, all of which I refused to respond to)
Excerpt 3 -
DB: You seem to be that kind of person who doesn't let compliments go to your head.
Me: Err... that's because I have never quite been in such a situation before...
DB: The men around you must be blind!!
Me: (Arrrrrgghhh!!!) .....
Excerpt 4 -
DB: You wanna come back to India with me?
Me: NOW???!!! -_-'''
Excerpt 5 -
DB: Can I have your phone number?
Me: Umm... I've known you for what, ten minutes?!
Me (after some hesitation): Err... we'll see how these seven hours go... (dammit this is never going to end)
DB: Man, it has never taken this long for a girl to give me her number you know!
Me: Well okay, so let me be the first one!!!! -_-'''
Me: Do you do this everytime you're on the plane?
DB: I only ask for a girl's number if I'm really interested... and in this case I know I am, and I really want to see you again...
Me: *pukes* -_-''' (I'm sorry but the feeling ain't mutual, dude)
X X X
The plane finally landed after a painful seven hours sitting beside him. Thank goodness he was on transit to Mumbai and I had to go to the arrival hall, so we said goodbye and he told me he'd call after we both got back to Melbourne.
The thing he didn't know was, I wasn't planning to answer his calls or reply his messages.
So bye bye, Dr. Bombay! :D
Really, just what is with me and meeting strange Indian men on the plane?!?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home