Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Hey you.

I am finally back on earth after a 6-day hiatus (I was having way too much fun, just in case you were wondering). Being a student is always great because your 'holiday responsibilities' involve only ESP - Eat, Sleep, Play. Oh well, not like it's a bad thing! :D

X X X

So Italy won the World Cup this time. For me, it didn't really matter who won after Portugal, Brazil and Spain were out... but anyway I managed to persuade the mother to stay up and watch the match on Channel 5 with me, and now she can finally announce to the world that she has watched a full soccer match, complete with 90 minutes of game play plus 30 minutes extra time plus penalty shootout, yellow and red cards included. Now how much more complete can her virgin soccer experience get? That aside, I actually feel really sorry for Zizou's send-off (and the resulting media scrutiny). Yeah it was really unprofessional but I am sure that Italian guy must have said something pretty abusive in the first place. I choose to believe that a man of such class in football would not have committed such a classless act for no apparent reason. I am sorry it happened and I still respect Zidane for the world class soccer player that he is ... umm, was. But hey, with such a dramatic end to his career, he can be pretty darn sure the whole world will remember him for life! :D Never doubt the advantages of negative publicity.

Watching the closing ceremony made me feel a tinge of sadness that the WC is all over now, because I was so involved in the tournament this year. What with staying up till 7 am Melbourne time to watch the matches every single day even during the exam period, placing bets at TAB and Singapore Pools, soccer talk with friends and family, etc. I have learnt 1001 things about the game that I never knew (offside!) and gotten to know new players like Kaka (ooh!) and Cannavaro, whom by the way, I think is kinda hot. Soccer is an awesome game and I finally understand why 90% of the male population in the world love it so much.

I swear I will never again describe soccer as "only a stupid game whereby 22 men chase after 1 ball across a field for 90 minutes". I sincerely apologise for that.

X X X

The previous weekend was pretty awesome - apart from attending a close friend's graduation ceremony, I had an absolute blast doing 'touristy' things such as touring Sentosa, staying overnight at a posh hotel for free (!!!) and having dinner at Newton Circus Hawker Centre, all because the Japanese friend was here on transit. Sentosa has changed so much (gone are the Monorail and Asian Village - sob!!) and it's kinda happening now with the new beaches and, OMG... the Luge and Skyride. You really have to try those, they were so ridiculously fun :p



With Haru-chan, Piggy and Viv. Sigh I look like a huge apple here.



Camwhores on board the skyride!



Sentosa sea view (I think it was Siloso Beach).

X X X

So nice, life would be so nice
If one day I'd find
Someone who would take my hand
And samba through life with me.

Bebel Gilberto - So Nice (Summer Samba).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home