There can be only one word to describe me now - TIRED. Very, very tired.
Here I am sitting in the living room (that's where my laptop is permanently situated because it's connected to the "main broadband hub" thingy, whatever you call it) and I hear irritating Japanese anime themes coming (no, screaming) from Blob's room. Annoyed. What on earth is it with J-pop songs man?!? Particularly those by female bands?! For one, I don't understand what they're singing about, and two, don't they all sound the same?! Speed, ELT, Max (??) and the like. And, Ayumi Hamasaki -_- Arrrggghhh. I've lost count, and I can't tell the difference between them, really.
On the other hand, I think Utada Hikaru rocks.
Okay, so I am tired. Not as in sleepy-tired but exhausted-tired. Left the house at about 2.30 (overslept AGAIN), wanting to go to the immigration office to collect my work permit visa (nonono I am not intending to work, just in case you are wondering - it's a long story but just take it that I have to get the visa). So I trammed all the way to Lonsdale, walked about 10 mins (for me that's pretty far) to get to the office, only to find that the bloody place is closed. CLOSED. Why?!!?? Then on the glass sliding door, I read "Wednesdays - 8.30 am-1.30 pm". WHAT???!!!!! Which government organisation closes on Wednesdays at 1.30 pm???!!! Great. Why am I always so unlucky when it comes to such things?! Now you all know, guys - Never overestimate the Australians' working hours.
So I had to walk 10 mins (sigh) back to the main road, where I trammed to Student Health Services to meet Piggy, who was there getting an MC for... well, we shall keep that confidential here won't we? :p Turned out that she tried to call me to inform me that she was already done and on the way to uni, but I couldn't hear her call because I was listening to my MP3 player (!!). Therefore, unknowingly I got off the tram and walked (again) to the health centre, and when I couldn't find her, I thought she was in the doctor's room. So I sat outside the doctor's room waiting for her to appear. Ten minutes passed and an Aussie guy came out (!!!!). Sigh. So I called her and realised that she went to school to turn in her essay -_-
Arranged to meet Piggy at Subway instead of the tram stop, because I was literally starrrrving (it was close to 4 pm). Had a 6-inch steak and cheese on Parmesan bread, with extra cheese as usual. Yum. I love Subway but I think I have been eating too much of it here :p At about 4.10 pm we got on a tram 22 to Vic Roads, to register for our driving theory test (like finally). I wanted to get it over and done with, so I picked to do it this Friday (ie: 2 days from today, at 1.40 pm). Hope I finally get down to doing it this time (yes I registered before in May but skipped it because I didn't study :p). I mean, there is no way I can fail it. The stupid test is like 27 bucks??!! Which equals 33 bucks in SG dollars??!! -_-
After registering for the test, we trammed back to uni to return stuff at the ERC, which means we had to walk again.
By 5 pm or so I was getting pretty restless so I suggested to Piggy that she should go take a look at the new Safeway which just opened about a week ago. And so we went. It was my 4th time in 5 days though. Can't get enough of new places to shop. Well, but only for groceries. I hate other kinds of shopping -_-
Spent awhile at Safeway but this time I didn't have alot of stuff (it was my 4th time in 5 days anyway). Piggy, on the other hand, spent $50.86 on her stuff. (lala, I remember). And since it was close to dinner time we decided to have dinner together at Singapore Kopitiam (hilarious I know). They've got a funky new menu which rocks!!! Saw "breakfast beehoon" under "vegetarian" and I just died. Absolutely died. I love breakfast beehoon. It's plain, but I love it :p So eventually I had a plate of beehoon with an egg and luncheon meat! With iced teh-tarik. *faint* I almost felt like I was in Singapore.
Exactly 3 weeks more to the end of my exams and approximately 23 days to going home, where I shall be rotting for the next 3 months.
Okay, I have to start studying hard for my theory test!
You always have my unspoken passion
Although I might not seem to care.
Billy Joel - Just The Way You Are.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home