Dunman High School.
Been spending the past few nights reminiscing about primary school days with Lannie, and boy... were they really, really fun conversations. The scalding hot pieces of food we'd stuff into our mouths as soon as the bell rings, the silly giggles over prank calls, making fun of people who looked "funny", the Piano pushes, Joshua Thhhhio, and the many little bits and pieces we used to share, especially in primary 5 and 6. Dear Lannie, if you happen to be reading this now... Though we pretty much lead separate lives now, you are still someone very special to me and I am glad you could not get to sleep that night. I really am :) Remember 22 Dec!
And then later I thought... hey. Dunman High days weren't that bad either. If I were given a choice to go back to any period of my life, I would choose my secondary school years, because it was then that I made my closest friends and grew the most, both mentally and (not very much so) physically. And yes, I go back to Friendster again... if you look at the people on my Friendster, majority of them (like 80%) come from Dunman High. It probably doesn't say alot, because basically you can add in anyone on Friendster... but the fact that I bothered to add in more Dunmanians than any other groups of friends probably does. And... majority of the people who read this blog are ex-Dunmanians :)
I miss DHSCO to bits. I miss Saturday TORTURE practices from 9-6, miss weekday sectionals, miss TTK's scolding, miss lunching at Kallang Mac's during our break, miss our terribly exhausting training camps during the hols, miss our annual performances, miss our China performance tour, miss my juniors, miss my seniors, miss the feel of victory, Though we dreaded all that torture practices and the whatnots, they all seem really worthwhile as I look back now. The shimmering gold medals, the applause, the laughter... and the tears.
Music-related ECAs never fail to bring out the potential in you... and they make you realise what an amazing person you can be. This satisfaction, no other ECA group can replace. What say you all Symphonic Band people? :p
I miss CO so much, I would kill to hold my instrument again.
Okay, I have really really bad Chinese handwriting. Time to go for calligraphy lessons -_-
On another note altogether, here is Blob's toilet bowl for today. Now somebody tell me if he has made any improvement?
Although we've come
To the end of the road
Still I can't let go.
Boyz II Men - End of the Road.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home