Saturday, September 13, 2003

Great. Two nights ago I decided to change my blog template and now the commenting thing is GONE. With all the previous notes that people left me over the past few weeks. Silly me. I thought the thing would be "carried forward" but NO, it wasn't, I realised. And, the person who helped me put up the comment thing is now faraway in Taiwan. Sob. Jo, if only you knew what's going on down here... heh. Shall wait for you to come back and help me. But... but... but that's like one whole week later! >.<

I have a date with spring.

I went to watch "I Have A Date With Spring" (Wo He Chun Tian You Ge Yue Hui aka Moulin Rouge with an oriental twist) by my uni's Chinese Cultural Society last night. For those of you who don't know yet, I was supposed to have a little part in that play, but because I felt it was a waste of time and a sharp blow to my ego (I only had 2 lines in it), I quit from the role, as well as the whole production, in July. Not that I want to repeat the whole story again... but I'm just very blah about the fact that they auditioned me, put me through and gave me the role of a insignificant reporter with just 2 lines. Like, HELLO??? Why bother getting people to audition for a role with 2 lines?! Isn't auditioning supposedly for big meaty roles? I admit that it's kinda like sour grapes but then again, for a role so small as mine, I had to turn up for practically every rehearsal, recite those 2 lines and get the hell out of there. Definitely not something I was looking forward to. Really, if it was all because of looks and height (I know I can never look like a nightclub singer no matter how much make-up there is on my face... and even if I wear stilts... sob), I'd rather they don't put me through. With 2 lines.

I've never watched previous renditions of the play prior to last night. I've heard of the play obviously, and I know that Sharon Au and Constance Song were the lead actresses of the 2 Singapore versions. Apart from knowing that it is set in the 1960s and involved 4 nightclub singers, there was nothing more I knew. Last night's play opened my eyes to a lot of things - Songs, people, dressing, and lifestyle of the 60s. I loved it.

Shall continue later. Gotta clean the house ;p


You must remember this
A kiss is still a kiss
A sigh is just a sigh.

Ella Fitzgerald - As Time Goes By.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home