Tuesday, August 19, 2003

hilarious: you are as funny as the cheekiest guys
in class and know everything thats happening on
TV and all the hot places to chill. you aren't
a typical bubblegum princess, you pride
yourself on your musical picks and your
attitude. sometimes you get carried away and
often get scolded for that, but otherwise if
people want to have fun then you're the person
they'll come to! you can be as girlie as
britney when you're in the mood and as hard
assed as pink when you want. your mates love
you for being so; fun, interesting and
unpredictable, you go girl!


what kind of girl are you?
brought to you by Quizilla

This is hilarious.

The Australian Idol Top 40 segment is now into its 2nd week. Two weeks in a row I voted for my fave contestant, and two times in a row the only person I voted for came in tops! Like out of 8 contestants in all. First was Pig Farmer Peter and second was Boyband member-to-be Matt. Wow. Am I good or what? I am in awe of my ability to spot talent in people :p One thing I realised though, was that this competition isn't that much about singing technique - who sings well, and who doesn't. The best singers who got the most praise from the judges don't necessarily get through. It is very much based on personality, and, I noticed last night, sincerity. Matt's singing wasn't of top quality. It doesn't come close to Cosima's (I figured that her parents loved math), Hailey's or even Rebecca's - but he had a sense of earnestness which I liked very much. He was so nervous I thought it was funny. The song he sang did play a very important part too.

Idol hopefuls, please remember that if you sing a song from the Lion King soundtrack at your competition, you probably aren't going to get far. With the audience, that is.

Against the wind
I'm going home again
Wishing me back
To the time when we were more than friends.

Michael Learns To Rock - 25 minutes.



Heh. This song was on the tip of every Primary Six kid's tongue in 1995.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home