Tuesday, April 15, 2003

And did I tell you, I went to audition for the upcoming Chinese Theatre Group production, �I have a date with spring�? Yup, I got through the audition, beating about a hundred other hopefuls, but before you start clapping and showering me with wolf whistles and cat calls, NO, I did not get a role that I can say I�m proud of. Don�t get me wrong, I know my abilities and wasn�t exactly aiming for one of the 4 lead roles in the play� and definitely will be happy with just a supporting role� but� surely not a one-liner? Sob� I was totally *meh* about the fact that throughout the whole play, I appear as a reporter just ONCE and say only ONE line. So� the point I want to make is, �why audition me then?� Can�t you just get one of your backstage crew to appear for that few secs? And I have to be present for many rehearsals� I don�t really mean to complain, but is it worth all that while just for ONE line? Was contemplating dropping out of it� but decided to stick to it afterall�. For the love of art and culture�. *puke* Okay, no, I guess I needed that experience�. Since I�ve never been in a production like this before. Apparently the director was Gong Li�s acting teacher and Zhang Yimou�s classmate back in China. *shrug* Oh well, guess times have changed. These days, auditions are to be held for one-liners too. Who knows, people might soon be needing a �degree in toilet cleaning� before applying for a cleaner job�

Felt that I needed to get this down somehow. You know, I really hate it when some people act all cool and forgiving on the surface but later turn their backs on me and become a tattle-tale about what I did, to other people� and therefore cause �that particular someone� to be pissed with me and complain about it to Mummy� Maybe you didn�t mean to do it (I hope you realize who you are) but still�. That sucks. Please� give me a break� you�re almost 18. And I certainly believe you don�t have to tell her EVERYTHING.

Till next time, folks.


Your fingers touched the strings of my heart
And made it sing again

Leslie Cheung - A Thousand Dreams of You


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home