Been 17 days since I came back to Singapore. Doesn't seem that long a time to me, probably because I am enjoying every bit of being back home. The food, the slacking, the fact that I don't need an alarm clock (cos I can wake up at ANY time I want :p), the company, the familiar TV shows on Channel 8... things you can never find in Mellyland. And speaking of which, Pat just left for Mellyland with her parents - Gonna be there till her June hols. The last thing I heard about her was that she's seriously homesick. Was crying last night already, even when her parents were with her. Kinda wondered what it would be like when they leave. Seriously looking forward to a whole new life in MU. Guess it's the same feeling for Piggy and Mm too. And I'm glad that we're all gonna do what we want =)
Is this a dream, or... ?
Two nights ago on Saturday, mum decided to take me to this restaurant managed by a friend of CQ's, called the "Bumbu Restaurant". Serves Thai and Indo food (yummy). When we walked in, we realised that CQ was there too, with 3 other people. Wow hoo =) Was so happy to see him again (cos he's reaaaaaally fun!! Duh!). Then he invited mum and I to sit down with them, and started introducing the people seated with him.... blah blah blah...
"... and this is Kheng Long..."
Right. Kheng Long. Okay.
No, wait. Kheng Long? Goh?
Omg. On closer scrutiny, I realised he's Goh Kheng Long. No shit. I died in my seat.
Palms sweaty. Heart thumping. Knees wobbly.
Who the hell is Goh Kheng Long, you wonder? He was the music director and key keyboardist (heh) of Jacky Cheung's Music Odyssey Concert last May. The man whose keyboard skills blew me over. The man who arranged Stef Sun's "tian hei hei" and got an award for it at a certain Hong Kong Music Awards. The man who charges 3000 bucks per ONE arrangement of a fresh song. Definitely a man of overwhelming charisma and charm. Absolutely unattainable. And he's 36. Woo.
Pity pity, he's married. Sssshh. =)
Ah well. We shared the same table for about an hour or so. Got to know a bit about him, and he, a bit about me. Knows that I'm in Mellyland and stuff. (His fave part of Aussie is Mellyland too!) Good friends include Jacky (uh huh) and A*Mei. Wow hoo. As usual, in the presence of big shots like KL, I suddenly transformed into the meek version of myself. Tongue-tied and, all I knew at that time was to give silly smiles and nods. Mehhhhh. Anyway, we sorta made an agreement to meet up at Bumbu again before I return to Mellyland. With everyone else, of course.
It was a wonderful experience.
A great honour, I must admit.
Surreal, but nice =)
Man. What would I give for him to coach me a lil' on keyboarding skills?
The sky's dark, and it's starting to rain
Stefanie Sun - Tian Hei Hei

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home