Dreaming with a broken heart.
I love how we can be so random sometimes.
After we postponed the supposed "Japanese curry night" that was due to happen over the Easter break, we weren't able to find another day to have everyone around... until Aa-chan suggested, and pretty much out of the blue, that perhaps we could do it on the eve of Anzac Day (public holiday here in Australia), and things kinda fell into place from there!
The spread - Japanese veggie curry for the one vegetarian amongst us, gyoza, and OMFG natto (but we'll get to that topic later)
Both glued to the TV with a pondering frown o_O
Natto, the Japanese "delicacy" that every Japanese loves but (almost) every henna baka gaijin (strange stupid foreigner) hatesOMG, how do I even start talking about this evil fermented beans dish called Natto? Aa-chan, the avid non-Japanese Natto-lover in our group (blueeehh), has been wanting us to have a taste of it since forever, so no surprises when he came to my place on Tuesday night with THREE packs of it x_x
Piggy watches in horror as J demonstrates the slimy-ness and grossness of Natto :p I love this photo, totally candid and HILARIOUS. It's like, HOW in the world would anyone LIKE to eat that??!!
Aa-chan & Natto (note his eyes beaming with excitement)
More Aa-chan and Natto!!!! -_- This is where everyone is supposed to go "Ewwwwww...."Conclusion: Yes I did try Natto, and not just one spoon of that slimy thing, but at least four if I remember correctly... firstly to convince the neo-Natto people that I was adventurous enough to try it, and also because I wanted to give it at least a couple of tries before I surrendered and said, "Ok this totally STINKS (pun very much intended)!!!!!!" :P
Dinner parties like "Japanese curry night" are one of the reasons why I love being away from home. I mean, how often do we get to do things like that back in SG?!
Until the rainbow burns the stars out of the sky
Until the ocean covers every mountain high
Until the day that 8 x 8 x 8 is 4
Until the day that is the day that are no more.
George Michael - As.
Dinner parties like "Japanese curry night" are one of the reasons why I love being away from home. I mean, how often do we get to do things like that back in SG?!
Until the rainbow burns the stars out of the sky
Until the ocean covers every mountain high
Until the day that 8 x 8 x 8 is 4
Until the day that is the day that are no more.
George Michael - As.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home