Monday, March 19, 2007

Cut Sleeve Boys.


You know, when I was very much younger I used to be super in love with Steven Lim (NO, not the disgusting Singapore Idol eyebrow trimming one!!!). I remember being intensely smitten with his character "David Tay" from that ancient Singapore drama "Growing Up" (because he was so cute la). My Dad and I would watch it together faithfully every Sunday evening with our takeaway dinners, with me secretly wishing for a future boyfriend who would be exactly like him. I was actually a little heartbroken when I first found out he was ... ahem (BAH teenage girls!).

Just when I thought he has disappeared from the screens for good, one of his movies comes to Melbourne for the MQFF, and obviously I was dying to see it!!!! I mean, I couldn't possibly pass up on a chance to reconnect with "David Tay" right? :D Apparently he's now more 'open' about his sexuality and playing characters closer to his heart (as opposed to a uni student with a nurse girlfriend - Fiona Xie :p). Watching an ex-celebrity love in a movie yesterday felt really nice, a little bit nostalgic even, but it was also my first time watching him portray a gay man and after almost ten years of not seeing him onscreen... that kinda needed a bit of getting used to O_o

"Cut Sleeve Boys" gets 3.75 stars out of 5 from me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home