Friday, June 27, 2008

Carry me home.

Sigh. I lurve my Spanish boys, they have done me proud. They fought so brilliantly against Russia this morning, in a match that only heated up in the second half. In hindsight, my initial uncertainty about how they'd perform against the team that beat Holland was sooooo unnecessary - now I actually feel guilty about even doubting them :p - the Russians were in pretty bad form and gradually ran out of steam as Spain continued to score goal after goal (the final result was 3-0). Hours before the match over MSN, while Sponk was saying that she had complete faith in our Spanish team to advance to the finals, I had others reminding me about Russia playing beautifully this season and of course the "don't forget they beat Holland recently" warning, which saw me literally tear my hair in frustration - just WHAT exactly should I bet on??!!?! A straight Spanish win, a draw, Russia to win, Russia advancing to the finals, or what????

But despite all that, I threw in my blind faith and went ahead with putting my money on a Spanish victory (it is ALWAYS about the betting), fingers crossed and heart beating fast whenever they came close to scoring. I lost the bets on Villa (poor guy got substituted just 35 minutes into the game due to a muscle injury T_T) and the draw result at full time, but what the heck, Spain is in the finals with Germany and I am so pumped!!!!!!

And the beautiful San Iker, who has saved Spain's arse twice in a row now ;)

I now have a two-day break before the Spanish boys meet Germany on early Monday morning. Meanwhile it is time to catch some sleep, lead a normal life, and of course, analyse some odds. :p

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home