Why I love my job - The eleven perks of being a full-time RA
1) 0900, 0930, 1000, 1130 - my decision
2) 1700, 1730, 1745, 1800, 1830 - also my decision
3) Exclusive staff lounge with free teh tarik, hot chocolate and coffee (oh, and a view of the lovely harbour)
4) Lunch at 1100, 1200, 1400, 1600 - my decision
5) Two-hour lunch/tea breaks
6) Unrestricted access to MSN, YouTube, and..... Facebook
7) Afternoon movies at VivoCity (although I've only done it twice :p)
8) My very own office with my name on the door, AND a telephone all to myself
9) Satisfactory salary
10) A wonderful boss
11) Being able to blast Class 95/YES 933 at a decent volume :p
... If only I could do this all my life. Research, read, write, research, go to the library, research, photocopy, print, attend conferences, type, edit. I'm afraid my very first job has set the bar too high. HOW am I going to survive on a proper-proper job once I am out of here? :(
I am all of a sudden very open to the idea of long-term academia. I am not sure how to go about doing this without wanting to do a PhD though?!
The weight of things that remained unspoken
Built up so much it crushed us everyday.
Maroon 5 - Won't Go Home Without You.

2 Comments:
number seven :p
Glad to know you have found your calling!
-J
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home