Tainted love.
I was never keen to watch this film right from the start, but after reading countless reviews about what an amazing movie 'No Country for Old Men' was (hello, Best Picture Award at the recent Oscars and an average rating of 8.6/10 on IMDB?!), ZS and I decided to go see it for ourselves last night. I will not pretend to be intellectual or artsy-fartsy and say how much I adored it, because it was honestly one of the most mind-boggling and confuzzling films I've seen in awhile. We were clearly not the only ones who didn't get it, because there were audible echoes of "HUH???" when the lights came on at the very abrupt ending. For a moment I thought we'd both missed a very important point to the plot, or maybe..... we were just plain stupid. Thank goodness for the IMDB discussion board however, poring through it obsessively for others' opinions made me realise that we weren't THAT shallow after all.
Anyway, moving on to the good parts. First, Javier Bardem, PERFECT as a psychopathic serial killer with the intentional horribly-looking haircut and signature oxygen tank. ZS was particularly in doubt when I insisted that he is actually quite a charmer in person. I mean, there is just NO WAY a Spaniard who won the Best Supporting Actor Award (and dedicated his Thank-You speech in Spanish to his mother -awww) can be unattractive in a suit right? But of course, this is just my opinion. A compelling performance that totally deserved the Oscar. :)
The well-crafted killing scenes that kept me on the edge of my seat, especially the ones with Bardem and (Josh) Brolin, who was also a brilliant actor by the way. Being the timid chicken I always am, I was curled up on my seat with eyes half-closed and heart pounding whenever Bardem was about to blow someone's brains out. :X
Unfortunately, those were pretty much the only good things about the film. Bardem totally won me over though. Yes, even with that haircut.
'There Will Be Blood' was a better film by a huge mile and should have won Best Picture instead.
In other news, I am severely upset with American Idol's Top 12 selection. Danny. DANNY got voted out even before he reached Top 12??!!!
Goodbye and good luck, you feisty little spicy one. :(
And you'll think love is to pray
But I'm sorry I don't pray that way.
Soft Cell - Tainted Love.
I was never keen to watch this film right from the start, but after reading countless reviews about what an amazing movie 'No Country for Old Men' was (hello, Best Picture Award at the recent Oscars and an average rating of 8.6/10 on IMDB?!), ZS and I decided to go see it for ourselves last night. I will not pretend to be intellectual or artsy-fartsy and say how much I adored it, because it was honestly one of the most mind-boggling and confuzzling films I've seen in awhile. We were clearly not the only ones who didn't get it, because there were audible echoes of "HUH???" when the lights came on at the very abrupt ending. For a moment I thought we'd both missed a very important point to the plot, or maybe..... we were just plain stupid. Thank goodness for the IMDB discussion board however, poring through it obsessively for others' opinions made me realise that we weren't THAT shallow after all.
Anyway, moving on to the good parts. First, Javier Bardem, PERFECT as a psychopathic serial killer with the intentional horribly-looking haircut and signature oxygen tank. ZS was particularly in doubt when I insisted that he is actually quite a charmer in person. I mean, there is just NO WAY a Spaniard who won the Best Supporting Actor Award (and dedicated his Thank-You speech in Spanish to his mother -awww) can be unattractive in a suit right? But of course, this is just my opinion. A compelling performance that totally deserved the Oscar. :)
The well-crafted killing scenes that kept me on the edge of my seat, especially the ones with Bardem and (Josh) Brolin, who was also a brilliant actor by the way. Being the timid chicken I always am, I was curled up on my seat with eyes half-closed and heart pounding whenever Bardem was about to blow someone's brains out. :X
Unfortunately, those were pretty much the only good things about the film. Bardem totally won me over though. Yes, even with that haircut.
'There Will Be Blood' was a better film by a huge mile and should have won Best Picture instead.
In other news, I am severely upset with American Idol's Top 12 selection. Danny. DANNY got voted out even before he reached Top 12??!!!
Goodbye and good luck, you feisty little spicy one. :(
And you'll think love is to pray
But I'm sorry I don't pray that way.
Soft Cell - Tainted Love.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home