Feel the silence.
I went back to SMAC this afternoon to return my locker key and get my deposit back, and in the postgrad computer lab, where I've spent pretty much the whole of my Honours year...
C: So when are you leaving?
L: Next Tuesday...
C: And when are you coming back?
L: ... Never.
C: ... Now that's making me really sad...
She paused for a moment, then I saw tears in her eyes. I did not tear up together with her, but I was suddenly overcome by an overwhelming bout of sadness.
I've always thought I was ready to go, but leaving this place is turning out to be so bloody difficult...
Hold on before it's too late
Until we leave this behind
Don't fall, just be who you are
It's all that we need in our lives.
Goo Goo Dolls - Before It's Too Late.

2 Comments:
you know what, something silly happened to me today. i was checking shipment booking and i saw that the shipment is bound for melbourne, and i teared up in front of my computer screen..felt like an idiot hahaha
Awww, Lynn, I didn't realise you were leaving so soon! I never made you a little elphant friend :( Maybe I can send him over one day.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home