Saturday, August 20, 2005

Rebel without a cause.

WHO: Jimmie (in HK tone), PheePhee, HJ and I.

WHAT: University of Melbourne Poster Sale

WHERE: Union House North Court

WHEN: Friday, 19 August 2005

TOTAL HARVEST: 22



The loot.

X X X

I may be in Melbourne, but I get to watch Project Superstar here every week because my dad is such a sweetie to record the shows onto DVD and then snail-mail them to me so I can follow up on the competition's events. We are such freaks I tell you! The DVDs arrive in Melbourne a week later, but it's really more than what I can ask for. I am such a sucker for singing competitions like these, unfortunately ;p

So JY is (sadly) out of Project Superstar. It's like a double heartache for me, since WJ left last week. Mom told me over the phone that she called in to vote 5 (FIVE!!!!) times for JY and I was like "Whaaaaaaat???!!!" "Only 5, only 5 la", she made it a point of emphasis in between giggles. Good grief! My own mother calling in to vote for someone (and 30 years younger than herself, may I add) in a teeny-bopperish singing competition is like, totally unimaginable. I mean, she doesn't even call in to donate to NKF or Renci??!!! Hmm. Now who was the one who keeps reminding me never to waste money on such competitions...

Just what has gotten into my parents, I don't know. The last time my dad made my jaw drop was when he proudly declared that he sent in 12 (TWELVE??!!!) votes for Taufik at the Singapore Idol final because "I was sooooooo scared that Sylvester will win".

Ok lor Pa, you got your wish... O_o

These two incidents showed that side of my parents I never thought they had. It's actually really cute la, in a way. I think JY will be happy to know that he had the power to make my mom vote for him 5 times ^_^

What if it was paradise?
And what if we were symphonies?
What if I gave all my life
To find some way to stand beside you?

Rob Thomas - Lonely No More.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home