Saturday, September 11, 2004

Gone.

Two nights ago I had such a sinful dinner feast with DOK that I almost, for lack of a better word ... went - the key word is ALMOST. We each had a huge plate of katsu curry with rice, a side order of yummy gyoza, PLUS a small serving of sake (which totally burned my insides!!), and if that wasn't enough, we threw in another can of 650 ml Sapporo beer to share ... but even after all that alcohol I was still in one piece so it was all good. I have to explain that although that wasn't an amount of alcohol substantial enough to make a person drunk, you have to think it in terms of me, who hardly ever drinks. (But then again, being able to hold alcohol well is an inherited trait in my family, thank you very much).

And thank you DOK for telling me that I was supposed to "shot" sake - as in, drink it at one go.

After dinner I went to DOK's place to (finally) watch the Last Samurai on DVD. Nice story, great acting (I thought Tom in particular did a pretty convincing job). Ken Watanabe was exuberating so much manliness and charm onscreen that he made me decide to marry a Japanese man like him in future - yes, though I haven't exactly decided on that yet ...(but he is 1.88 m tall??!!!).

X X X

I just took an online test on love and relationships (what else?), which gave me results I thought were pretty accurate. Here is my analysis, but it's pretty boring stuff so you can skip it if you wish.

You are a XSYT--Expressive Sentimental Physical Taker. This makes you a Firebrand.

You are volatile, sexy and sexually driven. You're magnetic and fascinating, but you don't really enjoy playing the field -- it makes you nervous and preys on your insecurites. But when you fall for someone you fall hard.

You tend to over-analyze things, so the slightest comment or action from your significant other can send you into a tailspin. You crave attention and validation from your loved ones, so if your friends don't like your partner or your partner doesn't like your friends it makes you suffer. Unfortunately the two are often in conflict -- you have excellent insight with your friends, but in a relationship you are blind. Trust your friends!

You blow hot and cold, with big highs and big lows. This makes the bad times very bad but the good times very good, so you tend to stay in a problem relationship much longer than you should. But when a relationship fails, you hold a grudge. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but make sure your grudge doesn't cloud your vision the other way!

What would help you most in your relationships is confidence. You need someone who can help you feel good about yourself and not worse.

You can be needy and jealous. Fortunately you are cute as hell.


X X X

Spent more than 10 hours with the gang earlier on doing the usual Friday night stuff (dinner, movie, chit-chat over coffee), and of course mm's birthday celebration in advance. Angus and Robertson having 20% off all books, but today when I was there I couldn't find any book I really wanted. Saw my current read, Sputnik Sweetheart going for 23 bucks (before discount) so I was really "Arrrgh"!! about it ... because I bought it for 23 at Dymocks 2 weeks ago ... whatever.

Caught "The Terminal" (Tom Hanks and Catherine Zeta-Jones) after dinner at Richmond. Pretty good stuff - and Catherine is looking better than ever after pregnancy and motherhood.

I'm thankful I've got wonderful friends in Melbourne to spend time with. It makes being away from home feel so much better. Thank you meanies, HJ and everyone else who makes a difference :>

X X X

You know, as I was in the car last night, I thought to myself that George Michael's "Kissing a Fool" would be a great song to slow-dance to.

With you.

X X X

Sudden revelation of the day: Women are innately deceitful creatures. And very, very, evil.

X X X

People
Will always make a lover feel a fool
But you knew I loved you
We could have shown them all
We should have seen love through.

George Michael - Kissing a Fool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home