All that jazz.
Anyone drooling? Before you assume this was how I spent Valentine's Day, nope... this pic was taken at Jack's Place (Wisma), when Piggy and I decided to comfort ourselves with a super sumptous plus pukeworthy dinner (yep, that's her cutting up the meat ;p), after a major bawling session together at Plaza Sing's Golden Village cinema. My gawd -_- "House of Sand and Fog" (Jennifer Connelly + Ben Kingsley) has got to be the saddest, most tragic, most heart-wrenching movie of ALL time (and we all thought nothing would beat "I Am Sam"! -_-). Definitely THE movie of the year for both of us - both of us sissies.
We didn't see it coming at all, really we didn't. Everything seemed pretty "Oh, okay" until someone got shot (shan't spoil the surprise for those who haven't yet caught it) and then I started tearing, crying, then all these eventually led to a major sobfest where both of us were sobbing uncontrollably in our seats. And when I said sobbing uncontrollably, I really really meant UNCONTROLLABLY. Sniffing. Shaking. Quivering. Whatever. (the nacho napkins came to good use indeed ;p).
For those of you (especially those in need of a good weep) who haven't caught it, please, please do. It's a very much under-rated (actually it has a 4 star rating) but relatively unheard of film. Oh man. I can never stop talking about it. Just go watch it for yourselves.
Ben, you deserve the Oscar more than anyone else. Heh, my best friend.
X X X
Jazz piano lessons have become more like a show-off session for Mr Hartono rather than anything else. I realise, in fact with much joy and glee, that he spends almost 30 mins out of the entire 45, showing off his skills. I don't mind it at all, though it's almost 50 bucks per lesson. It's definitely a great pleasure to be able to hear a maestro play a beautiful jazz piece... when you yourself aren't even half (no, in fact one eighth in my case) as good.
For my last lesson with him here, I swear I'll make him play "Cry Me a River", just for the memories. Someone bring along some wine and candles ^_^
X X X
So the Vday part time job which required me to sell disposable undies and chocolate went not-so-very-well after all. People see me holding that suspicious little box and they start avoiding me like the plague, even before I can manage to open my mouth and ask them if they'd like a Vday gift for a "loved one". I ended up with 3 pieces in 1 hour, but don't ask me how I managed to do that. Count myself lucky that I've got supportive friends and family -_- Thanks ZS dearie for literally appearing out of nowhere to help me with the sales, the comment about how psychotic the sales manager looked, having dinner with me at LJS, and simply, just for being there when I needed help the most. You're a godsend :>
Vday itself was spent rollerblading and kayaking with the meanies at East Coast Park, which was great fun, and laughter. Kenn, you really should stop being so trigger happy with your Cybershot. But anyhow, the three of us truly enjoyed riding on you ;p Bwahahahhahahahaha. Behind the bike, of course ;p
The hour-long kayaking session under the scorching sun made me look like a fat roasted suckling pig, as Mom pointed out during Grandma's birthday dinner later that evening.
FINE.
X X X
Natalie Yong, please reply me asap. Or at least pick up the phone. Our future happiness is at stake, and it all lies in your hands -_-
Indochine Indochine Indochine. I cannot wait any longer -_-
X X X
Oz rehearsals start at the Jubilee Hall tonight. Can't imagine I'm going to burn 5 nights just like that.
You are always gonna be my love
Itsu ka dare ka to mata koi ni ochite mo
I'll remember to love
You taught me how.
Utada Hikaru - First Love.
It's on repeat mode like I've never heard it before. How weird.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home