Thursday, April 20, 2006

It takes two to tango.

Movies are an expensive hobby, especially when

1) I'm away from Singapore 8 months out of 12 (so I don't get many $7 - or is it $7.50 now - tickets on weekdays)

2) "Cheap Tuesdays" in Melbourne mean $8 (??!) per flick in the cinema. Blueehhh.

3) I hate downloading them online, for free. Not because I'm anti-piracy, but because I'd rather watch the real thing on the big screen with surround sound, digital effects and the whatnot. Oh, and salted popcorn and coke please!

Since the semester began I've watched quite a handful, averaging about 1 or 2 per week (including DVDs rented and borrowed, arthouse, foreign, mainstream, Oscar-nominated etc.), which, in my opinion, is really obsessive. It's not only time consuming but also creates a significant dent in my pocket.

I really wish I didn't adore movies that much.

X X X

Am in the middle of the much needed week-long Easter break now, and I have to confess that I am having an absolute blast while others seem to be slogging away O_o Dinner parties, typing emails, writing letters, catching up with people... the list goes on. With no assignments or assessments due immediately after the break, I'm totally taking it easy... which isn't a very good thing really.

On another note altogether, I'm totally on a George Michael phase. Together with me now Piggy: "RAAAWWWRRR!" iTunes playcount for "It Doesn't Really Matter" stands at 47 and counting (and this doesn't include the playcount on the iPod!). Surprisingly enough, listening to it now does not give me that same pulling-my-heart-out heartwrenching sadness I felt exactly one year ago.

I guess I'm so over that whole thing, and yes - it really doesn't matter at all... anymore :>

And it's no good looking back
Because time's a thief and I believe that
I'm too old for that
We're just saying the things that we have said
Forever.

George Michael - It Doesn't Really Matter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home