Friday, July 16, 2004

Tanjobi Omedetou.
 
Happy 21st birthday to someone ... whom I've always been in touch with, but at the same time, have never really known or understood. 
 
Hope you like the Crumpler ... and congrats on passing your driving test. Should be a good birthday this year :>
 
X X X
 
"Brotherhood" was so sad, so sad that I cried twice throughout the movie. I admit that I was, by the time I walked into the cinema, very tired of war films, but this one was pretty refreshing in the sense that it had one main storyline (the brother-to-brother love, duh! ;p) which strung the whole movie together (think of a spinal cord running along your back) . Jang Dong Gun and Won Bin created very amazing onscreen chemistry as brothers (and Won Bin was absolutely to die for ;p) Go watch it for yourselves people, it is very much worth an $8.50. 
  
Won Bin's role in "Brotherhood" reasserts the fact that he is so much more than just a pretty face ^_^ 
 
The couple who were seated on my right during the movie drove me nuts though. Talking at top volume as though they were giving an on-the-spot movie commentary, giggling at every single scene as though it was *insert title of your favourite comedy here* (war film, WTF?), all throughout the movie. Time and again I shot cold glares at them as a subtle hint, shook my head, went "tsk tsk tsk" et al, but I guess it was too dark in the theatre for them to notice -_- To further illustrate how unbelievably childish they were, there was this moment when Won Bin's character said "the day after tomorrow" in Korean, and when that phrase showed up onscreen in English subtitles, the girl let out a loud giggle and exclaimed "hehehehe the day after tomorrow... hehehehe" (in reference to that movie The Day After Tomorrow). For crying out loud, aren't you in your twenties already?
 
Singaporeans and the Singaporean way of life - Bloody hell.
 
By the way, I was asked for my IC by the ticket checker.
 
"Brotherhood" is NC-16.
 
X X X
 
I have finally gone to Jurong Point - my first time (Okay I am ulu). Thanks Slackers for the tour ;>
 
X X X
 
8 days left in Singapore.
 
There's nothing left to say
But goodbye.
 
Air Supply - Goodbye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home